A headless CMS is a pure backend content management system that is built from the ground up as a content repository and allows access to content via a RESTful API.
What advantages does a headless CMS architecture offer?
A headless CMS impresses in practice above all by its high flexibility and the many possible applications, which can hardly be covered by the classic content management systems.
The advantages of a headless architecture for marketing managers
- Content only needs to be entered once in the system and can then be played out in a standardized format (JSON/XML) for different channels
- Content can be structured more flexibly and enriched with additional modules
- You need to spend less time on administration
The advantages of a headless architecture for developers
- Free choice of frontend architecture / new frontend can be implemented in parallel
- Backend and frontend can be developed individually and independently of each other
- New areas can be rolled out continuously and made available exclusively for certain channels